Proverbs 22:6, “Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.”
Good Shepherd is committed to equipping and supporting parents to carry out their role as the primary faith teachers of their children. This effort begins at the birth of a child and continues through high school and beyond.
Growing in Christ Nursery Roll (Birth – Age 2)
Psalm 139:13-16, “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.”
The Growing in Christ Nursery Roll packet provides resources to families of small children that will aide them with biblical and age-appropriate ways to talk to their children about Jesus.
When a child is baptized, a packet will be set aside especially for that child. Periodically – for the first three years of the child’s life – families will be sent materials from the packet to nurture the child’s spiritual, emotional, and physical development.
CrossWalk (Ages 3 – 8th Grade)
Matthew 19:14, Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
CrossWalk exists to lead and supplement families with children ages 3 – 8th grade through their growth in Christian Education which provides training, support, encouragement, and fellowship to families in addition to serving others through outreach opportunities.
- We will provide training (formal and informal) for families once a quarter
- We will provide Sunday School opportunities for children ages 3 – 8th grade following the Christ Light Curriculum
- We will provide family fellowship and/or service opportunities once a quarter
- We will share our expertise and resources to encourage spiritual growth in the home
GS Teens (High School)
1 Timothy 4:12, “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.”
GS Teens exists to connect young people to God’s Word, to strengthen relationships with their brothers and sisters in Christ, and to develop confidence in proclaiming their faith and serving others.
This mission is carried out through the following strategy
- Daily texts messages of God’s Word
- Weekly Bible study opportunities
- Monthly service or education opportunities
- Quarterly activities with area Houston teens
- Yearly mission trip or international youth rally